Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Macon-Bibb, GA

How to Verify a Professional's License in Macon-Bibb?

The Office of the Georgia Secretary of State's Professional Licensing Boards Division oversees the licensing and regulation of more than 40 different categories of professionals in the consolidated city-county of Macon-Bibb. These include healthcare-related professionals like physical therapists, nurses, and psychologists, as well as building and construction-related professionals like electrical contractors, plumbers, architects, interior designers, and residential and general contractors. It is important to make sure that you only retain the services of duly licensed professionals, as this can prove to be the difference between getting top-notch services and being at the receiving end of shoddy or sloppily-done work. You can confirm that your intended Macon-Bibb professional has been duly licensed by utilizing the Search for a Professional Licensee webpage provided and maintained by the Office of the Georgia Secretary of State.

Furthermore, it is also your responsibility to ensure that all applicable permits for your intended project are obtained before the commencement of the project. These permits are issued locally by the Macon-Bibb Department of Business Development Services and they are usually required for any projects that involve the construction or renovation of buildings and structures. While licensed professionals typically know the types of projects that require permits and the procedure for obtaining these permits, it is advisable to get confirmation on this by contacting the Department of Business Development Services at (478) 803-0470. Permit-related queries can also be directed to (478) 803-0466 or submitted via email.

Georgia Contractor License Search:

Do Macon-Bibb Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

Neighborhood and community groups are organizations formed by residents, businesses, and other private stakeholders in Macon-Bibb to strengthen their respective neighborhoods, stimulate economic vitality, and foster livability in the consolidated city-county. However, these organizations do not issue building and construction-related permits to interested parties in Macon-Bibb. Nevertheless, they typically co-operate with relevant governmental departments and agencies to achieve their laid-out goals. For example, in April 2021, about 30 neighborhood and community groups, including the Newburg Avenue Neighborhood Group and the Vineville Historic Neighborhood Association, partnered with the Macon-Bibb Waste Management Department to host a neighborhood clean-up event. Similarly, in September 2021, Macon-Bibb officials collaborated with over 20 local neighborhood and community organizations to review information and feedback collected from residents of the area and come up with a suitable Violence Prevention Strategic Plan.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Macon-Bibb?

Complaints involving deceptive, unfair, or unlawful business practices in Macon-Bibb can be filed with the Consumer Protection Division of the Georgia Department of Law. These complaints can be filed by calling either (404) 651-8600 or toll-free number (800) 869-1123 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. 5:00 p.m., Mondays to Thursdays, and 8:30 a.m. 4:00 p.m. on Fridays. You can also file complaints with the Consumer Protection Division by completing and electronically signing a complaint form online. Alternatively, you can download and complete a pdf consumer complaint form, and then submit this form via fax to (404) 651-9018 or via mail-in to:

  • Georgia Department of Law
  • Consumer Protection Division
  • 2 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
  • Suite 356
  • Atlanta, GA 30334-9077

Note that faxed submissions should not exceed five pages, including any supporting documents that may be submitted alongside the complaint form. Also, while the actions taken by the Consumer Protection Division may lead to the prosecution of the business named in your complaint, there is no guarantee that you will receive any personal remedies as a result of these actions. As such, you should consider retaining the services of an attorney to take private legal action if your reason for filing a complaint is to seek personal remedies from the business in question. This legal action usually involves filing a lawsuit at the Macon-Bibb Civil and Magistrate Court, and you can find qualified attorneys near you by utilizing the resources on the Find a Lawyer webpage provided by the State Bar of Georgia.